SHOW FUNDRAISING: Members & Donors
9 May 2018
The SPRING ON AIR MEMBER DRIVE is complete.
While Fundraising for every show continues!
Outside of ON-AIR DRIVES we have 3 programs that engage MEMBERS and DONORS.
1. Monthly Sustainers have raised $13,547 since January 1st, with another $1600 expected by May 15.
2. Phoning Renewals. Meeka Marsolais spends between 2 to 4 hours a week phoning lapsed members and has raised $7539 since January.
3. Radio Show Sponsors and Community Partners has a lot of potential to earn more money for the station.
Shows need to raise a total of $126,000 from Members and Donors by December 31, 2018.
In the first 4 months of the year (the first trimester) we raised $38,838 or 30.82% of $126,000.
What we need to do next:
January to April = $38,838
May to August = $43,581
September to December = $43,581
We certainly won't be able to raise the remaining $87,162 by December 31 from the FALL ON AIR DRIVE.
Take a look at the results below: Between January and April 18 through various fundraising efforts we raised $29,463. Between April 18 and May 8 (a week prior and a few days after) the SPRING ON AIR DRIVE we raised $9,374 and an additional $1260 from a few shows who have been experimenting with the ONLINE PLEDGE TOOL which is available until June 30th!
Congratulations to ROCK TALK! for raising over $2445 from donors calling in during their show!
If every show committed to raise $500 every 4 months (just $28 a week!) we'd achieve our fundraising goal from Members and Donors for the year.
See below for tips on how your show can achieve and exceed your fundraising expectations.
In the meantime, if you haven't checked out the ONLINE PLEDGE DRIVE TOOL, your show can access the service for free until JUNE 30th!
The ONLINE PLEDGE DRIVE has raised an additional $1260 (not included in the above totals) from just a handful of shows.
Most importantly, TALK TO ME!
We need to work together.
1) Participate in the Online Pledge Drive (until June 30th!)
- We have a FREE and VALUABLE Online Pledge Drive Service through CanadaHelps
- Online Pledge Drives are the most poplular way for charities to raise money.
- It's EASY! Your Show Already Has A Page!
- All You Need To Do is following the 1-2-3-4 instructions.
2) Host a Fundraising Event
- It doesn't have to be complicated or expensive.
- Host a livingroom party! and invite 15 to 25 people you know who aren't members of the station.
- Make it a potluck, byob, but make sure the people you invited understand that part of the invitation is they will join as a member.
- Want help planning your event? contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Host an event at the Station! It's free to use.
3) Phone Your Listeners & Renew Their Memberships!
- Phoning your listeners is an amazing way to connect the people who support your show!
- We have phone lists and onsite trainers waiting for you. Have Questions? contact email@example.com
4) Send me a dream list of Sponsors for your Show
- I am available to help promote your show to potential Sponsors: send me your dream list!